Software as a Service (SaaS)
Definition - What does Software as a Service (SaaS) mean?
Software as a Service (SaaS) is a distribution model of software where customers access software over the Internet. In SaaS, a service provider hosts the application at its data center and a customer accesses it via a standard Web browser.
There are a few major characteristics that apply to most SaaS vendors:
- Updates are applied automatically without customer intervention
- The service is purchased on a subscription basis
- No hardware is required to be installed by the customer
SaaS is also known as hosted software or on-demand software
Digital technologies, such as a SaaS Cloud-based solution, are used to improve outdated processes, improve productivity, and increase the profitability of business. Moving away from old processing to real-time analytical capabilities can save an organization time, money, and exposure to human-error.
Benefits Of SaaS Based Cloud Solution:
- You can work from Anywhere.
- It allows you to free up storage by storing it on cloud.
- If one device fails due to technical issue, same can be accessed from another device as data is stored on the cloud.
- No manual updates needed automatic updates of the products are given.
- You can focus on your business as maintenance and support are taken care by SaaS solution providers.